The bodybuilding world is embracing the Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators (SARMs) as the next solution to gaining lean muscle without dealing with steroids’ side effects. Athletes who use SARM products experience improved performance, body composition, and musculature. Rad140 and Ostarine are among the most popular SARMs in the market. So let’s compare Rad140 vs Ostarine to see how these stack up.
Despite the two compounds both being SARMs, they have several key differences. These differences make them suitable for different bodybuilding purposes. Comparing the two will help you decide the best SARM for your bodybuilding goals.
A Closer Look at Rad140 vs Ostarine
Rad140 (Testolone) is a power SARM, its potency comparable to anabolic steroids. Athletes who include it in their supplement cycle report impressive lean muscle gains and improvements in strength. The compound also allows for moderate recomposition and has a 90:1 anabolic: androgenic ratio. Hence it has a high potency effect on the body’s androgen receptors. Supplements that have a high anabolic to androgenic ratio are impressive mass builders.
RAD 140’s Potential Benefits
Fitness experts and researchers are still performing clinical studies on SARM products. Nevertheless, there are potential benefits that have been associated with Testolone.
- It triggers lean muscle gain and muscle strength.
- Testolone seems to offer protection to the prostate against androgens.
- The compound may possess cognitive and neuroprotective benefits.
- When tested on rats, it was safer than TRT (testosterone replacement therapy).
- Some patients experienced decreased LDL and triglycerides.
Ostarine MK-2866 is also famous for triggering significant gains with minimal side effects. However, compared to Testolone, it’s one of the milder SARM compounds on the market. Athletes using the compound have experienced increased muscle mass and overall strength. It also improves the bone health of the user, enabling much stronger and smoother lifts. Ostarine also enhances insulin resistance hence more useful for athletes in their shredding cycle.
Ostarine Potential Benefits
The benefits of Ostarine have been widely researched compared to Testolone. It is considered one of the most researched SARM compounds to date. Anecdotal evidence confirms the compound has the following benefits:
- It increases athletic performance and gains lean muscle mass.
- Athletes can use it to enhance connective tissue healing and increase bone strength.
- Ostarine can enhance recovery, increase energy and help athletes lose weight.
Key Differences between Ostarine and RAD 140
Ostarine and RAD 140 might be similar compounds and members of the SARM community, but they have several key differences. Below are the notable features which differentiate the two from each other.
- Ostarine has been widely researched with multiple clinical trials, unlike RAD 140, which has minimal research.
- When you compare the two SARMs using the milligram to milligram scale, RAD 140 is stronger than Ostarine.
- Ostarine has lower androgenic properties and milder side effects compared to RAD 140, which has less tolerable side effects.
- While Ostarine is best for beginners, RAD 140 is most suitable for more advanced and experienced bodybuilders.
- RAD 140 is most beneficial to athletes in their bulking phase, while Ostarine offers the most gains for shredding athletes.
- Even though both SARM products are associated with testosterone suppression, Ostarine has minimal suppression effects compared to RAD 140.
- Female bodybuilders can use Ostarine but are highly discouraged from using RAD 140.
- Fitness experts recommend PCT for athletes using RAD 140. However, for Ostarine, it’s not mandatory.
- The two compounds have different anabolic ratios, with RAD 140 having a 90:1 ratio and Ostarine having a 10:1 ratio.
- Every SARM product has its own recommended dosage. The recommended dosages for RAD 140 and Ostarine are 10mg/day and 25mg/day, respectively.
Potential Side Effects
Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators come with plenty of benefits to bodybuilders but also some side effects. Ostarine and RAD 140 are undergoing clinical tests and trials to determine their effectiveness and possible side effects. Nevertheless, the existing research studies have reported the following side effects:
- Suppression of testosterone: SARM products work differently than regular anabolic steroids. But still, they trigger the suppression of natural testosterone levels in the body. Low testosterone levels can trigger the following health risks; erectile dysfunction, muscle weakness, depression, insomnia, and loss of bone density.
- Severe health effects: FDA has reported possible life-threatening conditions like liver toxicity associated with users of SARM compounds. There is also the potential risk of heart-related complications. Additionally, research studies have shown users might experience constipation, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.
- Unknown drug reactions: there is zero information on the possible reaction of SARM products to other supplements. Limited research on the possible interaction of the SARMs with other medications, alcohol, or even other steroids is a cause for concern.
Even though SARMs have the potential to trigger adverse side effects, Ostarine and RAD 140 have been proven to have mild side effects. The two compounds have shown incredible potential in clinical settings and proper dosage administration. The clinical studies only support short-term side effects, with no studies showing long-term effects of using any SARM product. Fitness experts recommend researching any SARM product before using it and sticking to the proper dosage.
RAD140 vs Ostarine: Key Points
Bulking and Shredding
Athletes who want to gain muscle mass and strength greatly benefit from RAD 140. Ostarine, on the other hand, will be useful in gaining lean muscle and strength. The RAD 140 cycle lasts 6 to 8 weeks, and bodybuilders can gain 8-12lbs. The Ostarine cycle has the same period, but athletes can gain almost 5lbs of muscle.
Bodybuilders in their shredding cycle should use Ostarine since it has lean muscle growth and fat loss capabilities. Athletes are encouraged to combine Ostarine with a low-calorie diet for maximum results. On the other hand, RAD 140 has water retention capabilities making it unsuitable for any shredding cycle.
Bodybuilders always look for muscle strength in every phase. RAD 140 is the best option for bodybuilders who are powerlifters, compared to Ostarine. However, athletes who want stress but compete in sports with strict weight classes should consider using Ostarine. Athletes like MMA fighters will benefit more from Ostarine than RAD 140, which might trigger unwanted muscle mass.
Choosing Rad140 vs Ostarine
Ostarine stands out as the best overall SARM product compared to RAD 140. While RAD 140 might be more points with a higher anabolic rate, its side effects are less tolerable, and it’s not friendly for female athletes. Ostarine is a versatile SARM that athletes can include in their fitness supplement cycle. Bodybuilders who want to gain lean muscle, increase muscle strength, and lose body fat should go for Ostarine. On the other hand, male athletes who can tolerate the RAD 140 side effects will experience increased muscle mass and strength.
We are certain from our guide that you can pick the best SARM product between Ostarine and RAD 140, depending on your bodybuilding goals.